Re-making the No face mask

After the cracking of my plaster cast i decided to make a mould from silicone. This would avoid any removal issues I may have.

I re sculpted the face the same as before and made a mould barrier from plasterscene, i then used 100g of silicone with extra fixative in it, to avoid it from running off instantly. I let this set and added a layer of plaster bandages to make a support casing for the mould.

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 15.52.24

Once fully cured i used plaster bandages to help the mould hold its shape. once it was fully dried i pulled the halves apart and removed the clay. I started to paint latex into the mould layer by layer.

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 15.53.17

Whilst it was drying i noticed the latex shrinking and pulling away from the silicone mould. After this started i decided to abandon the process. for future reference I know that you cant cast latex from a silicone mould.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: