ram mask mould marquette

I made a small simple Marquette out of clay to see how the mould worked and to test the stretch and strength of the latex. I thought that the latex would allow for harder undercuts in the detail of the design as I could stretch it over the edges. This taught me that it is possible to have a design with undercuts to create depth but the under cut must still be fairly flat and only partly covered by the latex or it will break off in the mould. it also taught me not to make the latex too thick, enough to hold the shape but not too much so it looses its stretch. I made the solid shell from plaster bandages. I then cast it in jezmonite.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: