Day 10 of dragon construction

Day 10 I tried out the head on the base that I had made and found that it was too weak as the head was larger than expected so that it was in proportion to the body. So I went about constructing a new design. I used 28mm piping instead of 15mm for extra strength but I felt it needed a more sturdy base so I wanted to put a copper pipe in to stop the head from drooping.

28

I didn’t have a fitting that was compatible with my design so used a drill and files to make a whole through a 3 pronged connector.

2930

Top jaw complete:

31

bottom jaw construction:

323334

I used screws to stop the pipes from moving independently as the fittings spin.

35

I then played around and used cable ties for the hinge.

3637

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: