Day 1 of dragon construction

I started by measuring out the spine and spacing the ribs.

20170517_152625

I cut small 28mm pipe sections to add to the spine for the ribs to fit in but it was such a snug fit.

After consideration I decided to scrap them when I realised I could just cable tie the ribs straight to the spine. I then proceeded to measure how large the ribs should be. I started in the middle and worked my way out reducing the diameter of the ribs by about 12cm each time. I was worried the spine may bend under the weight so i put a 22mm pipe in the spine to re-enforce it.

20170517_191937

End of day 1 and the dragon has a body!!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: